Oh Monday, the dreaded Monday. Not sure why, but Mondays are tricky. The feeling of never quite waking up after the whirlwind that is the weekend. A mound of laundry, a sink full of dishes there. Nothing in the fridge again, and no plans for dinner. Whether you work in your home or out of it…life is hectic! And never for a minute do we want you to think that just because we blog about home décor, that we have our lives all together…ummm No!!! That is so far from the truth.
If you could only see outside of the frame for every picture we take…there is always work that goes into blogging, before we can show you the pretty. A pile (or multiple piles) of something to move across the room, before a staged picture can be taken. Be encouraged friends…we are ALL in this together!
Here is what is waiting for me this Monday, and I don’t want to do any of it!
These dishes have been here since last night…
We want to show you some behind the scenes…real life…because, don’t know about you, but it makes us feel so much better when we see someone else’s “real life mess.”
The other day two of my kids ran out of clean underwear prompting me to throw in a load…after a four day laundry strike! Also, I have been playing a game called, “How many days can I avoid making a grocery list and not take my three kids grocery shopping”??? Hence, the Kraft Mac N’ Cheese smorgasbord. And I will not even tell you how many hot dogs we ate last week.
Sometimes you come home on a Sunday and throw everything all over your kitchen table. And then you make lunch and eat on top of the stuff you threw there, because you are too tired and hungry to move it…and that’s okay!
Its also okay to come home and throw your shoes in a pile on the floor and not put them away!
Its okay not to make beds every day. We do them here maybe once a week! Usually when we need to throw a pile of clothes on a bed to fold, or when company is coming to stay. And yes, it is July and I still have Christmas trees in my room LOL. Now that you have seen them I might as well leave them up until December!
Not sure if its okay to leave this much dust and pollen on the dresser…but I’m going with it! The allergy sufferers in the house have been taking extra Claritin! AHHHH!!!
Kids rooms: Really I have nothing to say about this. It’s a never ending battle, so it’s okay to do what you can, when you can, and get over the rest. And try to remember how much you loved forts when you were little!: )
A few tips that help with the Monday blues:
- Coffee…please stop reading and go make a cup. 🙂
- Spend some quiet time reading and devoting time to God. Ask him for help for the day and the tasks you have to accomplish, because without Him nothing you do means anything. We are preaching to ourselves here. 🙂
- Music or Podcast: Listen to something that will help you pass the time while doing housework or other chores. It will speed us the “getting back your house” process!
- This one may seem silly, but light a candle, or use cleaning products that smell great! Something about doing this instantly uplifts the mood in the house!
- Make a list. It feels good to accomplish something each day. Even if you don’t get your whole list finished in one day…there is still a sense of accomplishment in crossing tasks off as you complete them!
Hope this helps encourage you today!
I’ll be sitting here with Nemo drinking that iced coffee and finishing this post, then maybe I’ll go upstairs and take care of that pollen! 🙂