A few years ago there was a video circulating on Facebook about a new way to cut up a watermelon. I am not sure of the original source, (if anyone knows please leave the link in the comments), but I’ve been cutting up this gigantic fruit into sticks ever since!
Here are the steps:
- Go and buy a nice watermelon. They are the best price this time of year!
2. Grab a cutting board and a sharp knife.
3. Slice it in half right down the center.
4. Now you are going to flip it over and cut it up half a side at a time.
5. Slice off an inch or so on either end…
Discard those pieces.
6. Now slice all the way across a little more than an inch thick…
Do this all the way down the watermelon.
7. Take one of the pieces you just cut and lay it flat.
8. Cut the ends off. Discard those pieces.
9. Slice the remaining piece in half, then into quarters.
10. Repeat steps 8 and 9 for the remaining pieces of watermelon…
11. Then serve to your little cutie who has been asking you for watermelon since you began cutting it. 🙂
My favorite thing about cutting these into sticks versus the traditional triangle:
They are perfect for little hands to hold, maybe even less messy. And they fit great into food storage containers for on the go!
Hope you guys enjoy this little summertime tip. Go find you a watermelon and give it a try! 🙂